Thursday, August 12, 2010

The reason's for my start

So I have had a very love hate relationship with running. When I was in high school I was a sprinter and a very fast one at that. Give me a hundred yard dash and I would be like the hypothetical wind. I felt so fast, but now, frumpy and well slow as my turtle Percilla. I am a mother of two young boys and am seriously morning the loss of my active body. I have over the last couple of years started and stopped running like an addict trying to quite smoking. I have bad knees but also have a drive that doesn't let me forget things I have started and failed at. I longingly look at well seasoned runners as they easily glide along their route and wish secretly that I could do that. At the moment I am writing this only my best friend knows that I am trying this out. The reason I have taken up this lofts task is because I need some type of cardio activity to save my loving family from the effects of depression and stress. Coffee is no longer providing that great dose of happy feelings rushing through my veins like it use to. I am that type of women that no matter how they try my husband leaving the bath matt on the floor really puts me to the edge some times. We are what the government classifies as low income family and don't have many options for joining any clubs, so running was a  good compromise to my situation. Besides the money situation I also want to just get back to, well not feeling like I just ate a doughnut and then seeing it reconstitute it self on one of my thighs. Because I started and stopped the whole running challenge I though talking about it with you and getting tips I might actually succeed. I will try to make this as humorous and honest as possible to help many others feeling the tug to put on the running shoes and be that runner they see on the street or trail who glides over the path that they are traveling. Heres to all who will be with me on this adventure. Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Cool Lindsay...so glad you are doing this! I have a love hate relationship with running too:) It is hard to tell yourself to keep going, but I have found that making very small goals, like just to the next mailbox this time...and then next time add another mailbox or whatever it is. I have also learned from a runner friend that at the very end of your run...for the last 10-15 seconds or so...sprint as fast as you can. I guess, this helps your muscles/body "remember" what you just did and help you for next time. Happy running!

    ReplyDelete