Friday, August 13, 2010

Twilight run

The moon was a slender crescent with one star hanging high above it. I love the time when the days is escaping away and the night is taking its position. The colors are always vibrant and full. It was my first run of this journey. I needed it, the kids had been screaming their heads off all day and my husband had left again for the evening to enjoy quite solace with friends. I was happily surprised that I had not re-sculptured my butt area too large so as not to get into the running shorts I had from college. Nice Nikes that are orange and black, I felt quite cool. As I started to run I thought, WOW everyone looking will think that I am one of those long time runners. HAHAH that lasted about 15 minutes when I finally gave way to the constant nagging from my lungs to stop. How in the world do you deal with that wall that comes and all you want to do is stop. I read in a tips list that running and then stopping and walking is how you get started. I put this question to you all, how long does it take to be able to run longer then 15 minutes at a time? While running I had a snaffu with my Ipod. Every stinking time I got the song right I move and it would switch to a different song. Kinda one of those shake and shuffle things. Boy technology is fickle. It felt good to run and I felt healthier, we will see how long I can keep it up

2 comments:

  1. I've seen alot of "couch to 5k" programs lately that are based on running/walking with a warmup and cool down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi how long have you been running?

    ReplyDelete